Grants for Existing Emergency Response and Support Networks
Twelve (12) grants of up to $7,500 will be awarded for projects to support the integration of performing arts organizations into existing support networks for emergency planning and response. Funding may be used for consultants and/or speakers, meeting expenses, and travel.
Request Amount – up to $7,500
Application Deadline – Rolling Deadline: submit between October 16, 2017 and June 30, 2018
Length of Project – Projects may begin no earlier than January 1, 2018 and must be completed in 12 months.
Applicant eligibility requirements:
- Network must include a cultural heritage and a performing arts organization as co-leads of the project.
- Network must have a two-year track record of offering disaster preparedness education within the arts and culture community.
- Leadership of the applicant organizations must endorse the application.
Funding restrictions - grant funds may NOT be used for the following:
- Overhead or indirect costs
- Expenses incurred prior to the award of the grant
- Construction or capital expenses
- Lobbying or political activity.
Examples of eligible use of grant funds:
- Meeting expense
- Consultant fees
- Acquisition/subscription of planning tools
Criteria for Review of existing emergency response and support networks
- Plan of work is reasonable and appropriate to achieve the applicants’ and network’s emergency preparedness goals.
- Budget is appropriate and justified by the plan of work.
- Applicant organizations demonstrate sound operations and management and community engagement.
- Network track record indicates the ability to create replicable programs and services.
Download the grant application form here.