Grants for New Emergency Response and Support Networks
Two (2) grants of up to $15,000 will be awarded for projects to enable performing arts organizations to collaborate in the development of newly-formed support networks for emergency planning and response.
Request Amount - up to $15,000
Application Deadline – Rolling Deadline: submit between October 16, 2017 and June 30, 2018
Length of Project – Projects may begin no earlier than January 1, 2018 and must be completed in 12 months.
Applicant eligibility requirements:
- Networks must include a cultural heritage and a performing arts organization as co-leads of the project.
- Leadership of the applicant organizations must endorse the application.
- Letters of support from up to three (3) potential members of the network must be included with the application.
Funding restrictions - grant funds may NOT be used for the following:
- Overhead or indirect costs
- Expenses incurred prior to the award of the grant
- Construction or capital expenses
- Lobbying or political activity.
Examples of eligible use of grant funds:
- Meeting expense
- Consultant fees
- Acquisition/subscription of planning tools
Criteria for Review of New emergency response and support networks
- Plan of work is reasonable and appropriate to achieve the applicants’ and network’s emergency preparedness goals.
- Budget is appropriate and justified by the plan of work.
- Applicant organizations demonstrate sound operations and management and community engagement.
- The project reflects the ability to create replicable programs and services.
Download the grant application form here.