A key part of the Performing Arts Readiness project’s support to organizations is through the provision of Institutional Emergency Preparedness Grants and Network Grants.
Institutional Emergency Preparedness Planning Grants:
Grants of up to $7250 will be awarded to 42 performing arts organizations for the creation of individual institutional emergency preparedness or Continuity of Operations (CoOP) plans.
- Application Deadlines – submit by July 31, 2020 for projects beginning between September 15 and November 1, 2020. If funding remains available, a second round of Planning Grants is expected to be offered in 2021.
- Length of Project – Projects must be completed in 10-12 months.
- Grant funds may be used for such things as consultant fees, meeting expenses, travel, and training; $1250 of the award amount can be utilized on disaster-related supplies and equipment.
- Sample institutional emergency plans created as part of the PAR project are here.
- Previous recipients of PAR planning grants are not eligible.
Download complete guidelines and the Emergency Preparedness Planning Grant application form here.
10 grants of between $5,000 - $25,000 each will be awarded for projects to support both the development of new or emerging disaster preparedness networks that include performing arts and culture organizations, and the expansion of existing networks to increase participation among performing arts organizations.
- Application Deadline – Rolling Deadline: submit between June 1, 2020 and April 30, 2021.
- Length of Project – Projects may begin no earlier than September 1, 2020 and must be completed in 12-18 months.
- Grant funds may be used for such things as consultant fees, meeting expenses, travel, and training.
Download complete guidelines and the Network Grants application here.
During 2017-2019, the PAR project awarded:
- 7 grants of $7500 each to support the expansion of existing networks to include performing arts organizations.
- 4 grants of $15,000 each to support the creation of networks that include performing arts organizations.
- 41 Institutional Emergency Preparedness Planning Grants of up to $7250.
These organizations received grants to expand existing emergency networks:
- Erie Arts & Culture (PA) with the Northwest Pennsylvania Alliance for Response
- Houston Arts Alliance (TX) with the Texas Collections Emergency Response Alliance
- Intermuseum Conservation Association (OH) with the Northeast Ohio Alliance for Response
- New Jersey State Library with the New Jersey Cultural Alliance for Response
- Oregon Historical Society with the Portland Alliance for Response
- Staten Island NFP Association, Inc. (NY)
These organizations received grants to start new emergency networks:
- Amistad Research Center with the New Orleans Jazz Museum (LA)
- Cedar Arts Center with the ARTS Council of the Southern Finger Lakes (NY)
- Reichhold Center for the Arts with the Virgin Islands Caribbean Cultural Center
- Vermont State Archives and Records Administration with the Vermont Arts Council
These performing arts organizations received emergency preparedness planning grants:
- Acadiana Center for the Arts (LA)
- Appel Farm Arts and Music Center (NJ)
- Bandaloop (CA)
- The Bell Cultural Arts Center at the MidAmerica Nazarene University (KS)
- Carson Center (KY)
- Cleo Parker Robinson Dance (CO)
- Cleveland Orchestra (OH)
- Cleveland Play House (OH)
- Columbus Arts Council (MS)
- Dance Institute of Washington (DC)
- Dance Place (DC)
- Des Moines Performing Arts (IA)
- Diana Wortham Theatre (NC)
- Folk Alliance International (MO)
- Ford Theatre Foundation (CA)
- Freight and Salvage (CA)
- Gorton Community Centers (IL)
- Governors State University Center for Performing Arts (IL)
- Huber Opera House (OH)
- International Association of Blacks in Dance (MD)
- Mark Morris Dance Group (NY)
- Morris Museum (NJ)
- The Music Settlement (OH)
- New Jersey Performing Arts Center
- New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Foundation (LA)
- North Iowa Area Community College Performing Arts and Leadership Series
- ODC Dance Commons (CA)
- The Old Globe (CA)
- OperaCreole (LA)
- Pacific Symphony (CA)
- Paula Brown Performing Arts Center (MD)
- Pepatian (NY)
- Princess Mhoon Dance (MD)
- Seattle Opera (WA)
- Starlight Theatre (MO)
- Surflight Theatre (NJ)
- Theater Latte Da (MN)
- Troy Savings Bank Music Hall (NY)
- Viver Brasil (CA)
- Walton Arts Center (AR)
- Wilson Center for the Arts (WI)